Tony's Tenure's Top Three....
1. An Independent Central Bank. People really have never had it so good.
2. Northern Ireland. The IRA - remember them?
3. Devolution. Not everybody agrees about how much power should be given
away from the centre, but the important thing is that some was and it's gaining
it's own momentum....
and the Bottom Two:
1. Foreign Policy. An ethical intent gave way to the allure of the ends
justifying the means - only for the ends to become an almost unmitigated
2. Public Services. Lavishing money and ducking tough questions does not
equate to reform, just a stay of execution.
Then again, Inner West seem to have discounted a number of (own) goals:
1) Spin - need we say more?
2) Cash for Honours - because Cash for Questions was so last government
3) Human Rights - they started so well, and then it all fell to pieces
4) That economic record, which ignores the fact that unemployment, inflation and taxes all rising